Cadell Museum (Old Irrigation Office)
Corner McGuire Terrace and Dearden Tce
This building was built in the 1930s and was an important place in the town as it was where growers would order their water for irrigations. The Water Master and 'Water Joeys' took the water orders and were responsible for the operation of the channel irrigation system. One room of the building was also used as a residence by a school headmaster in the 1930s and the verandahs were used to cater for the Cadell Bowling Club until the 1960s.
The Cadell Museum has historical and environmental displays about Cadell and also has tourist information. Cadell was established in 1919 as part of the Soldier Settlements Schemes along the Murray River. The Centre features photos and displays about the original settlement, the construction of channel irrigation and the settler's daily lives. Groups welcome. The Centre is open for bookings. Please phone 0427 846 623.